Conditions of Enrolment:
- A placement in one or more of our programmes or continued enrolment is at the discretion of Ilam OSCAR. Once Ilam OSCAR receives your enrolment form, an email will be sent to you confirming your place.
Payment of Fees - Before and/or After School Care (during term-time):
- Fees are as advertised but are subject to change. Whilst Ilam OSCAR will attempt to give a terms (10 weeks) notice of any change, usually by email and on the website, this may not always be possible. We will however ensure we give at least 5 weeks notice of any changes. The fees are as listed on the website and become effective from the date of the advertised change.
- For daily absences (due to sickness, unexpected appointments etc) please notify OSCAR. (See Appendix A) In these cases, due to pre-organised staffing ratios, parents will still be charged for the booking. If you know in advance that your child will not be attending on a certain day or days (due to family holidays or other planned events) please email OSCAR@ilam.school.nz at least 3 working days in advance of your booking. If we receive at least 3 working days notice parents will not be charged for the booking. This includes absences due to school activities (eg school camps). It is a parent responsibility to inform OSCAR of any absences.
- There will be no charge for public holidays during term-time or holidays, or if OSCAR is unable to operate due to an unexpected school closure such as a snow day or earthquake.
- Charges are applied as advised on the enrolment form. For example if you have booked your child in until 6.00pm, you will be charged for this time regardless of when you pick them up. (This is because staff are rostered on and paid according to the times on the enrolment forms.)
- An invoice will be created for payment when you make your booking. An invoice will be generated for the payment cycle that you select ie weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This will be generated for payment 2 weeks prior to the session start date. Payment will be due 1 week prior to the session starting.
If payment is not received by the end of the next billing period, your child will no longer be able to attend our OSCAR Programme.
Payment of fees - Holiday Programmes
- An invoice will be created for payment when you make your booking. An invoice will be generated for the payment cycle that you select ie weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This will be generated for payment 2 weeks prior to the holiday programme starting. Payment will be due 1 week prior to the holiday programme starting. You can view these invoices on the Parent Dashboard in AIMY Plus.
- Parents will be able to work out the cost from the enrolment form so that they are aware of how much they need to pay.
- Any alterations to Holiday Programme bookings made will incur a $20 admin fee. Cancellations must be made in writing to the Ilam OSCAR office with at least one week’s notice before the first day of your holiday booking, otherwise full payment must still be made. Venue staff cannot accept verbal cancellations.
- These are to be made through the Aimy Plus site. Once your booking is confirmed any changes will need to be advised to Oscar@ilam.school.nz. We may be unable to change bookings during Term time due to numbers and ratios. More than one change during Term time will incur a $20 admin fee.
Late collection of children - After School and Holiday Programmes
- Parents will be contacted if a child is regularly (ie 3 times or more) being collected later than the booking time. If late collection continues a $20 late pickup fee will be charged for every 15 minutes (or part thereof) that the child is not collected past the booking time.
Health and Safety:
- The Programme Manager has permission to arrange any urgent medical treatment if needed, at your cost.
- You agree to always pick up your child by the time you have advised and if you are unable to make it there by then, you will need to inform the Supervisor of who will be collecting your child.
- If your child does not arrive at the after school programme by 3.15pm we will take the following action:
- You give permission for staff to apply basic first aid and sunscreen to your child.
- You will complete a medical consent form if your child requires staff to administer any medication while in our care.
- Please keep us informed as to the identity of the persons who will be collecting your child.
- You consent to Ilam OSCAR discussing your child with any relevant parties for matters relating to their behaviour, health and safety. This will allow us to provide a collaborative approach to any issue.
Termination of Place:
- One weeks’ notice must be given in writing if you wish to end your child's place on the programme. Failure to provide the required notice may incur a fee equivalent to one weeks’ full time fees for your child’s programme/s.
- Ilam OSCAR has a zero tolerance to bullying, hitting and inappropriate language and disruption to the programme. If your child consistently fails to follow reasonable directions more than once in a Term or has repeated behaviour issues, they may be removed from the programme.
- Where appropriate, immediate removal from the programme may occur if the demonstrated behaviour is of a type previously identified or of such significance that it is in the best interest of the other users of the programme or for the programme itself.
‘The Fine Print’
- Whilst effort will be made to conclude any dispute in a consultative manner and to the satisfaction of all parties, ultimately in the event of an agreement not being reached the decision of Ilam OSCAR management will be final.
- All and any associated costs &/or fees due to Ilam OSCAR in the operation, collection and enforcement of the Ilam OSCAR terms and conditions by Ilam OSCAR or their agents, will be met by the parent/caregiver who enrolled them
- The address provided by the parent/caregiver on the enrolment form shall be deemed their 'address for service' of any letter or document unless another address is advised to Ilam OSCAR in writing (and the new address is acknowledged by Ilam OSCAR).
- Service will be deemed to be fulfilled for any document sent by normal mail, 2 days after mailing.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/caregiver to inform Ilam OSCAR of any address change in writing.